(B) DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATION
Collectively all information that you submit to We Love Diamonds via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
We Love Diamonds Ltd trading as We Love Diamonds
A company incorporated in England and Wales with with company number 13196497 and registered at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, England, WC2H 9JQ. Throughout the site, terms like “we”, “us” and “our” refer to We Love Diamonds Ltd;
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by We Love Diamonds and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to We Love Diamonds and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
The website that you are currently using, www.welovediamonds.co.uk, and any sub-domains or linked URL’s pointing to this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
“including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
(C) SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, We Love Diamonds is the “data controller”. This means that We Love Diamonds determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
(D) DATA COLLECTED
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you, including:
contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
web browser type and version;
device & operating system;
financial information required to pay for/fulfil an order you have placed.
(E) HOW WE COLLECT DATA
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
data is given to us by you; and
data is collected automatically.
7. We Love Diamonds will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means including social media or communication platforms like WhatsApp, Zoom or Facebook Messenger;
when you enter a competition or promotion through, for example, a social media channel;
when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
through the use of any marketing automation and associated digital and social technology.
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
(F) OUR USE OF DATA & WHO WE SHARE IT WITH
fulfilling your order;
sending you information you may have requested;
responding to requests made by you;
including you in our opt-in email marketing / subscription list to keep you up to date with all our latest news, information, offers and deals;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. We may share your Data with the following example groups of people for the following reasons:
our employees, agents, fulfilment partners and/or professional advisors - to deliver, where specifically requested by you, services that are necessary to fulfil your enquiry or order;
third party payment providers who may process payments made over the Website – to enable third party payment providers, where and when appropriate, to process user payments and refunds.
(G) KEEPING DATA SECURE
12. We use a wide array of technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example - we store your Data on incredibly secure servers and we have a very powerful security framework in place to ensure that your Data is fully safeguarded using measures like PCI DSS Level 1 compliance, state-of-the-art data encryption, advanced systems monitoring, anti-DDoS protection and much more.
13. We use internally developed information management security systems, best practice and robust processes and this family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
14. Technical and organisational measures include proactive response measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
(H) DATA RETENTION
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
(I) YOUR RIGHTS
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why;
Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems;
Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it;
Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data;
Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
(J) LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
(K) CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP & CONTROL
24. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
25. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
29. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
You may contact We Love Diamonds by email at email@example.com or by calling us on 0800 987 7100.